Wok Cook - Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Cherokee Nation Entertainment
Catoosa, Oklahoma 74015
Sep 29, 2017
Dec 25, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Wok Cook is responsible for the preparation of all menu items for the venue they are assigned, along with approved recipe development, recipe adherence, portion control standards, product rotation, and presentation of all food items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Prepare and/or cook food at assigned station based on menu and anticipated usage as business dictates.
- Ability to do specialty preparations of multiple Asian cuisines including one of the five recognized regional Chinese cuisines, along with at least one additional cuisine from Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, or Japan.
- Ability to use specialty equipment such as the wok, rice cookers, bamboo steamer, and specialty tools.
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards are followed as well as proper environment for all employees regarding safety and sanitation.
- Ensure excellent quality of food and presentation.
- Assist in recipe development.
- Able to manage multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for portion control, adherence of recipes, and timeliness for all food products.
- Responsible for proper rotation of all food products, proper storage of all food products, and proper maintenance of inventory.
- Uphold proper cleanliness as well as proper maintenance of kitchen and all equipment.
- Provide leadership for team building and outstanding training for all kitchen employees especially in their area of specialty.
- Report all discrepancies, accidents, and hazards to immediate supervisor.
- Duties may differ by work location.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
No direct reports.
This position could possibly be exposed to unusual elements including temperature, dirt, smoke, noise and possible hazardous material. Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs. This position requires frequent standing and walking and constant sitting and typing.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Requires a minimum of a High School Diploma and 3 years of related experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Maintain a positive professional working relationship with management and co-workers
- Must have a food handler’s card from the Cherokee Nation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Native American preference employer
Location: Tulsa (Catoosa), Oklahoma
Cherokee Nation Entertainment is the retail, gaming, entertainment, hospitality and cultural tourism entity of the Cherokee Nation. CNE operates casinos in Tulsa, Claremore, South Coffeyville, Roland, West Siloam Springs, Fort Gibson, Sallisaw, Tahlequah and Ramona, as well as the Cherokee Travel Plaza, two Cherokee Outpost convenience stores, six retail tobacco shops, four gift shops, two golf courses and three hotels.
Cherokee Nation Businesses, L.L.C., is a wholly owned corporation of the Cherokee Nation and serves as the holding company for all of the Cherokee Nation’s for-profit entities.
CNB owns companies in aerospace, information technology, security and defense, environmental, construction, health care services and other industries.