Cultural Monitor - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Palm Springs, California 92264
Sep 19, 2018
Oct 20, 2018
Type of Position:
Community & Government Relations
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Native American Cultural Monitor is a staff representative between Federal, State, Public, and County agencies and the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians Tribal Historic Preservation Office (THPO). The Monitor will be assigned to development/construction projects to participate and obtain firsthand knowledge of archaeological excavations and construction in areas that are known to have cultural sensitivity or have the potential for cultural deposit. It is anticipated that the Monitor will receive various assignments and that in some sensitive areas may encounter buried artifacts, features and possibly human remains.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
• Ability to recognize cultural artifacts, human remains, village sites, midden deposits; must have the ability to read maps
• Monitor all ground distributing activity including mass grading, grubbing, weed abatement, trenching and any excavation on previously disturbed and undisturbed ground.
• Does or oversees field inspections of proposed projects areas to determine the likelihood or the presence of cultural resources, and the potential archaeological sensitivity of the area
GAMING EXPERIENCE NOT REQUIRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have completed a Cahuilla Based Cultural Resource Monitor Educational Program (minimum 40 hours training) be certified and keep certification current
• Minimum of one year of practical training
• Basic knowledge of current local research methods and field application of archaeological principles; basic knowledge of federal, state, local and tribal legislation pertaining to cultural resources
• Must be certified in CPR and basic First Aid
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to work long hours in outdoor weather conditions year-round, including high temperatures and direct sun. Monitoring requires much physical activity and you must be physically fit. Other activities may include hikes of various durations, with packs/equipment, and occasionally camping for projects that are inaccessible by vehicle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting Salary: $25.00 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.