Sous Chef - Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Flintstone, Maryland 21530
Oct 27, 2017
Jan 10, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for the quality assurance of all finished food products and the ultimate supervision of the main kitchen, commissary, and buffet, ensuring that property specifications and standards are adhered to and met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Directs the preparation, portioning, and garnishment of all foods.
- Maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times.
- Tests and develops new recipes.
- Monitors guest satisfaction.
- Leads, directs, and assists with the work of others.
- Controls food and labor costs on a continual basis within approved budgetary controls.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions in hiring, terminating, suspending, and counseling to the Executive Chef.
- Maintains knowledge of all state health department regulations and ensures all conditions and standards are met.
- Participates in departmental and venue meetings, facilitating the flow of pertinent information from management to employees.
- Provides all employees with proper training and counseling as needed in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns, and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
Directly supervises the Sous Chef and Cook IIIs. Indirectly supervises all culinary employees
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Culinary degree preferred. Minimum of three years previous experience as management or the equivalent in a multi-venue facility.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Appropriate licenses, as required. ServSafe® certification, or ability to become certified, required. Knowledge of HACCP standards required.
This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to write effective letters, memos, speeches. and articles for publication. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from staff members at all levels, guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must complete our Employment Application.
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
16701 Lakeview Road Northeast
Flintstone MD, 21530
Web Site: https://www.rockygapcasino.com/
The Rocky Gap Casino Resort is located near Cumberland, Maryland in the heart of Allegany County. Rocky Gap Casino Resort is a AAA 4-Diamond Award® winning resort featuring a hotel, four restaurants, the only Jack Nicklaus signature golf course in Maryland, a spa, indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, pro shop, sundries, complimentary valet parking, individual parking, an event and conference center, several outdoor recreational activities, and a comedy club.
The Casino features over 600 plus slot machines, 10 table games, and a casino bar. Rocky Gap Casino Resort is owned by Evitt's Resort, LLC, and is a subsidiary of Golden Entertainment, Inc.
Rocky Gap Casino Resort offers a fun and exciting work environment, generous paid time off policy, health, dental and life insurance to eligible employees, paid holidays, a 401k plan and valuable discounts for meals, spa, pro shop, activity rentals and golf