Financial Analyst - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
Oct 16, 2017
Dec 16, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Work with the business teams to provide & interpret property wide reporting
- Responsible for the generation of periodic analytical reports to support the monthly financial statements
- Perform comprehensive analysis of promotions, events, direct mail campaigns and provide ongoing recommendations for improving database performance
- Track and record daily gaming, food and beverage, retail, and hotel statistics for monthly and annual analysis
- Analyze staffing levels as a function of demand
- Analyze and make recommendations related to pricing and comp policy in food and beverage, hotel and retail
- Study and analyze processes and procedures to improve efficiency of all operations
- Prepare financial schedules exhibiting department and company-wide performance
- Assist with the preparation of budgets
- Assist in special analysis projects as required by management
- Responsible for user support on various business application solutions.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Completed in-depth, hands-on advanced knowledge of and experience with casino,hospitality, entertainment and/or point of sale applications.
- Troubleshoot principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Develop and interpret technical documentation for training and user procedures.
- Analyze trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Develop and maintaining guest relations.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management and team members.
- Interact with people in a pleasant and enjoyable manner to assisting people.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Understand questions and instructions from supervisors.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from other team members or guests.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Read, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Apply reasoning to variety of situations.
- Mentor others on application knowledge, troubleshooting techniques, and troubleshooting skills.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree required with experience in operations strongly preferred. A minimum of three years related gaming industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and SQL.
- Must have basic proficiency in one or more programming languages. Must be able to pass a basic proficiency test in technical skills.
- Prior experience with POS, General Ledger, Labor Management and Casino Management support software strongly preferred.
- Must have attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must possess analytical skills to identify statistical trends and anomalies.
- Frequent travel may be required between property and corporate office in Las Vegas.
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Sioux City
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City is a fully-integrated gaming resort offering more than 840 slot machines and a wide variety of table games. The facility boasts a Hard Rock Hotel, the world-famous Rock Shop, a live-entertainment venue – Anthem, an outdoor event park – Battery Park, the World Tour Buffet, Main + Abbey restaurant, Fuel American Grill and various other food and beverage options.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City was developed through a partnership between the Missouri River Historical Development and SCE Partners, LLC, an affiliate of Warner Gaming, LLC, and is operated under license from HRHH IP, LLC. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas is the flagship property owned by an affiliate of HRHH IP, LLC.
Missouri River Historical Development, Inc. (MRHD) is the non-profit organization that has held the license for gaming operations in Woodbury County, Iowa since 1992. Since its formation in 1989, MRHD has been improving the quality of life for all residents in Woodbury County via distribution of over $21 million worth of grants to non-profit agencies and governmental agencies.