Lead Gift Shop Clerk Casino - Four Winds Casino Resort
Lead Gift Shop Clerk Casino
Four Winds Casino Resort
New Buffalo, Michigan 49117
Oct 09, 2017
Dec 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for maintaining inventory control in the gift shop, supervising the effective daily operation of the gift shop, and processing all merchandise, and transfers for special events, promotions and/or donations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Ensures the following tasks are assigned, monitored, and completed: The gift shop is kept exceptionally clean and neat. All merchandise is tagged correctly, put out on display or folded and placed in the storeroom. Merchandise is properly sized and displayed on the gift shop floor. Merchandise in storeroom is put away and organized.
* Prices merchandise and enters it into the inventory records.
* Responds to guest complaints and/or inquiries promptly and courteously.
* Generates daily sales report, merchandise quantity-on-hand report, accounts receivable report, and departmental complimentary report, and presents them to the Inventory Control Manager on a regular basis.
* Ensures that all merchandise is accurately inventoried once a month, and that the same merchandise is displayed to its best advantage.
* Maintains accurate, updated files from Corporate and miscellaneous vendors. Assists the accounts payable department, when necessary, to verify that bills from vendors correspond to merchandise received.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the thoroughness and accuracy of departmental records, reports and miscellaneous correspondence.
* Promotes a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction in the department.
* Performs guest services-related duties, such as assisting guests with merchandise selection and/or purchase, handling exchanges and redeeming complimentaries.
* Creatively resolves problems in the area of inventory control.
* Maintains and supervises all merchandise put into storage. This includes transferring goods from outside storage to the gift shop storeroom.
* Assists Inventory Control Manager with duties as needed.
* Maintains a working knowledge of current and upcoming events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow employees of same, whenever possible.
* Assists manager and supervisors on all shifts, in regards to coverage of all shifts in the gift shops, i.e., may be required to replace gift shop associates as needed for the following (PTO, illness, funerals, jury duty, etc.).
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be computer literate. Two to four years retail experience required, preferably in a casino or hotel. One to two years experience in accounting preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Please click on the Apply Now button to be directed to our Company Online Application which must be completed to be considered for this position.
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo, Michigan
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians and all properties are located in the state of Michigan.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 70 table games, retail shops, 6 restaurants, including Hard Rock Café Four Winds, Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and Grab 'N' Go. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and Sports Bar. The facility also offers a child care facility and arcade (Kids Quest), a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features over 300 slot machines and five table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
• Appreciate the Guest
• Consistently Deliver Quality
• Exceed Expectations
• Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of: