Security Officer - 1st Responder - Four Winds South Bend
Security Officer - 1st Responder
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46614
Feb 05, 2018
Mar 05, 2018
Type of Position:
- Responds to all injuries and illnesses of guests and employees.
- Administers first aid and emergency medical services to guests and employees on assigned shift and calls-in outside medical assistance when determined or required.
- Maintains accuracy and completion of all reports and follow-up investigations, which involve injuries or illnesses of guests and employees.
- Maintains the inventory of medical supplies in the medical supply boxes throughout the casino property.
- Maintains the inventory of all eyewash stations, wheelchairs, oxygen, automated external defibrillator units, and any other medical supplies throughout the property.
- Works closely with the Risk Manager on guest's injuries and the Workers' Compensation Coordinator on employee's injuries.
- Escorts and observes guests and employees, to ensure their safety and protection; identifies potential hazards and reports it to the appropriate individual for proper resolution.
- Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing them.
- Operates property vehicles as directed to do so.
- Attends safety meetings as needed.
- Interacts with guests and employees in a positive, professional manner.
- Assists Security Department with money fills, escorts and other security tasks, as needed.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas, as necessary.
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
State approved licensed Medical First Responder. Minimum of one (1) year in emergency medical service/first responder experience preferred. Excellent communication skills required. This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
Employee Benefits & Programs:
401(k) Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Dining Room, On-Site Health and Wellness Center, Life Insurance, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Paid Time Off, Uniforms Provided, Recognition & Rewards, Personal Development Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.