Benefits Administrator - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Aug 05, 2018
Sep 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Manages employee benefit plans for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Assists the HR Director and Human Resources Manager with conducting training classes and employee relations issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plans and directs implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, workers compensation, employee assistance, retirement, ACA compliance, and other plans.
- Oversees 401k internal audits, coordinates with TPA/401k providers to ensure deadlines are met and in compliance. Coordinates with HR Director, 401k committee meetings to include Business Committee, Broker and other management.
- Oversees workers compensation program, safety meetings and Family Medical Leave.
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, government-mandated disclosures, and ACA requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates services, coverage, cost and options available through insurance companies to determine programs best meeting needs of organization.
- Provides services to employees to answer their benefit questions, resolve problems related to access to or payment of benefits, orient newly eligible employees, and process enrollment forms, changes, and loan requests.
- Maintains employee benefits data in automated human resources information systems.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
- Negotiates and contacts the benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums, and plan administration.
- Recommends benefit plan changes to management.
- Notifies employees of changes in benefit programs.
- Prepares and submits government-mandated reports.
- Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Oversees that HR Generalist consults with managers and health care professionals to evaluate the need for accommodations, return-to-work, light-duty, benefits, and any other employee needs related to FMLA and Workers Comp.
- Attends weekly meetings as requested; one on one meetings with managers.
- Supports the HRM and HRD as needed.
- Assists the HRM with employee relations issues, including with employee relations investigations and mediation hearings.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- Minimum of 4-6 years related experience in Human Resources with significant experience with benefits and 401k plan.
- Strong broker and third party administrator (TPA) management and partnering skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Sense of urgency in completing projects.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems. Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.