Player Development Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
45113 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Player Development Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Oct 23, 2017
Dec 29, 2017
Type of Position:
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Player Development Manager contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; conducting one-on-one reviews to enhance communication; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Supervise on and off site events, establish criteria for these events and perform post analysis of each event.
- *Develop a business plan and sales strategy to develop new, maintain existing, and reactivate the inactive guest segments to achieve departmental and company goals.
- *Establish Executive Host’s goals and provide regular status reports regarding the level of production of each Executive Host.
- *Maintain relationships with top players, as well as potential top players to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- *Collaborate with Player Development Director to establish and manage criteria for guest tiers and develop, analyze, and modify reinvestment strategies to maximize profitability.
- *Evaluate competitor’s top player programs regularly and identify any opportunities for improvement within our program.
- *Execute programs which improve guest service, team building, team efficiency, and team member morale.
- *Operate the department within the budget.
- *Held accountable to the highest degree for the accuracy and thoroughness of department records and reports.
- Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 8 years of progressively responsible, related, gaming experience in a department of similar size are required.
- A Bachelor’s degree can take the place of 3 years of experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience is required.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong influencing and relationship-management skills.
- The ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels and understand the interests of multiple stakeholders and how those interests relate to Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C) and its goals.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to move freely throughout the property and operate a personal computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- When on the casino floor the noise level increases.
- The facility is not smoke free.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!