Captain Room Service - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Captain Room Service
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Jan 13, 2018
Feb 13, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Summary:Room Service Captains will deliver truly a level of great service by providing leadership to room service team to create memorable experience for our guests. Captains must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations. Captains provide food and beverage service to guests in accordance with Room Service specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate other departments to ensure the smooth operation of the department and oversees room service staff to ensure prompt, professional, courteous service is delivered in an ongoing/consistent manner.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to room service guests, room service staff and culinary production team.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and plate presentation). Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference. Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with room service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Delivers prepared food to the appropriate guest within specified delivery times after completed production of order.
- Calls back room guests within 8 minutes of order delivery to ascertain guest level of satisfaction.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards.
- Itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Assists with bussing, cleaning and setting tables/trays.
- Follows the 10/5 rule with internal and external guests while on the floor.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and bus stations, carts and trays as necessary to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans room service equipment (carts, trays, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines), as scheduled, or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Provides personalized service and uses guests’ names and preferences.
- Recognizes Diamond & Emerald players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Maintains delivery/call log to track all aspects of orders to include delivery, pick up, timing, server who delivered order, picked up order, etc. Keeps log sheets on file and reviews as necessary for investigations, reports,
- Oversees/delivers amenities as requested and ensures timely delivery, pick up and tracking documentation.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and delivery of time orders to ensure prompt/timely delivery as specified by guests.
- Provides phone support during cashier/server breaks and is familiar and uses all outlined verbiage/terminology as specified in room service specifications.
- Answers incoming calls within three rings using established phone protocol and etiquette.
- Always uses suggestive selling to build average check and repeats order back to guest to ensure accurate orders.
- Always use guest name at least twice during every phone call, use a “smiling” phone voice and always quote a delivery time with all phone orders.
- Inspects all outgoing amenities/meal orders to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Conducts routine floor inspections to ensure all pick ups are complete and guest areas/hallways are clean and maintained.
- Reports any suspicious persons or activity to loss prevention and management in a timely manner.
- Oversees all training aspects with new room service staff to ensure proper service. Conducts mock orders to rooms with new servers to monitor training.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Provides support to various food and beverage operations/outlets as requested/scheduled to meet the needs of the division.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience
- Minimum of 1 years of food server experience in a high volume, sophisticated or upscale
- Must Read, write, understand and speak English fluently
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)
- Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level
- Must be able to pull or push 50 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers)
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards.
- Capable of assisting with recruiting, interviewing, training, coaching, counseling and preparing and presenting disciplinary documentation in accordance with established company wide policies, procedures, standards, rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to calmly and effectively work under stressful conditions.
- Shows initiative and willingness to learn new procedures
- Shows leadership qualities and ability
- Ability to use traditional phone and phone systems to communicate with guests
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- This position requires extensive walking and carrying trays with food, beverages and F&B materials/equipment so above average stamina, balance, and coordination are required.
- Must be willing to transport orders and material/equipment from building to building in sometimes adverse weather conditions including excessive heat, excessive cold, excessive wind as well as rain.
- Able to push room service carts for distances of up to 300 yards while bending at the back and controlling cart to minimize breakage of property materials/equipment
- Current food handlers card
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Varies
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.