Events Representative - Four Winds Casino Resort
Four Winds Casino Resort
New Buffalo, Michigan 49117
Sep 28, 2017
Dec 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for assisting guests during promotional events, including promotional gift distribution/preparation, Marketing event ticket distribution and seating of guests for ticketed functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Executes casino gift events.
• Prepares promotional gift product by counting and unboxing product and, in some instances, palletizing product.
• Transports promotional product from pre-event storage locations to promotional event locations through the use of a pallet jack.
• Verifies guest identification for promotional event eligibility.
• Redeems promotional gift coupons through database gaming software with a working knowledge of additional aspects of same. Prepares and submits to the Events Manager a daily activity summary of promotional variances and remaining marketing promotional inventory.
• Prepares payout Forms for Promotional Drawings.
• Identifies and verifies promotional drawing winners.
• Prepares spreadsheets containing promotional drawing winners which are housed electronically for compliance.
• Distributes complimentary event tickets designated for casino customers at specified locations within the casino. Redeems associated tracking coupon codes in database gaming software to ensure accuracy of distribution.
• Uses ticket scanner equipment to accurately verify individual event tickets brought by patrons to event entry locations.
• Seats patrons in designated locations as specified on individual patron tickets. Has a good working knowledge of event seating layout.
• Assists as designated during other marketing events held at the property, including invited player parties, slot tournaments and Bingo.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the Player’s Club in order to effectively explain same to guests.
• Provides smooth and efficient service to guests.
• Maintains a working knowledge of casino facilities, as well as current and upcoming special events, in order to advise guests and fellow employees, whenever possible.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by attending scheduled departmental meetings.
• Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
• Must be detail orientated and be able to manage multiple tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. One year of related experience preferred.
Must possess excellent communication skills. Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other marketing programs. Must be detail oriented and well organized. Must be able to work under stressful conditions and coordinate multiple projects.
Willingness and ability to be trained on operation of an electric pallet jack for certification is required.
Applicant must successfully complete screening for essential job functions
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicant must successfully complete screening for essential job functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. A casino environment is typically smoky.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo, Michigan
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians and all properties are located in the state of Michigan.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 70 table games, retail shops, 6 restaurants, including Hard Rock Café Four Winds, Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and Grab 'N' Go. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and Sports Bar. The facility also offers a child care facility and arcade (Kids Quest), a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features over 300 slot machines and five table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
• Appreciate the Guest
• Consistently Deliver Quality
• Exceed Expectations
• Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of: