Guest Room Attendant (Housekeeping) - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Guest Room Attendant (Housekeeping)
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Jan 11, 2019
Feb 11, 2019
Type of Position:
The Guest Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning standard and suite rooms to the highest standards of cleanliness. Thorough cleaning of the hotel facility, guest room, and patios which includes, making beds, changing linens, dusting, scrubbing floors/toilets/tubs/sinks, vacuuming, removing fingerprints and smudges from mirrors and glass, shining surfaces, replenishing and delivering work and guest supplies, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Comply with all department and property operating policies and procedures
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Complete 11 credits per 8 hour shift.
- Utilize equipment such as pan and broom, vacuum, step ladder, Unger kits, and scrubbers etc
- Ensure all equipment is used and maintained in accordance with proper procedures
- Adhere to all safety guidelines including the use of protective equipment.
- Use chemicals in a proper, safe and responsible manner.
- Exhibit a cooperative demeanor when interacting with peers, supervisors and guests.
- Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Anticipate all guest needs and responds to same.
- Maintain proper pars and stock levels.
- Maintain clean and organized work area, cart and supplies
- Communicate problems, challenges or unusual matters of significance to supervisor.
- Inform supervision of needed support, supplies or repairs.
- Reports maintenance work orders needs to immediate supervisor.
- Support and comply with courtesy and customer service guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Acknowledge and communicate effectively with staff and guests.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with supervisor and housekeeping clerk over the radio and the phone.
- Understand and execute direction given by supervisor.
- Accurately complete assigned daily paperwork
- Know, follow and be ready to execute all emergency and safety procedures and responsibilities
- Ensures all storage areas and carts are clean and organized
- Performs other duties related to housekeeping.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Up to one month related experience or training; less than high school education; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to remain calm and poised under pressure.
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach.
- Ensures safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail a must.
- Highly motivated, energetic and quality oriented.
- Works closely with other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance reflective of the hotel image and conduct behavior in a mature and professional manner.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and fill forms.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Position holder is expected to distinguish between clean and dirty surfaces.
- Position holder is expected to, at times, carry, push or pull equipment from place to place.
- Position holder may be expected to carry work equipment thru-out the shift.
- Position holder may be required to lift trash receptacles in order to properly clean and/or empty them.
- Position holder may, at times, be required to crawl under secured items.
- Position requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- This position requires the position holder to spend a great deal of time indoors and may be regularly assigned work in a smoke filled environment.
Starting Rate: $13.72 Per Hour
Union Position - Wage Increases At 6 Months & 1 Year Of Employment
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Promotion Opportunities.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!