Gift Shop Clerk - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Gift Shop Clerk
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Sep 14, 2018
Oct 10, 2018
Type of Position:
The Gift Shop Clerk is responsible for providing fast, friendly and courteous guest service. The top priority of the Gift Shop Clerk is to be knowledgeable of all store merchandise, use suggestive selling techniques with customers, and to operate cash register and accurately balance cash drawer on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledgeable of all store merchandise and communicate this knowledge in a friendly and helpful manner to customers.
- Answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Able to use suggestive selling techniques with customers.
- Inspects merchandise prior to wrap/bagging to verify that merchandise is in satisfactory condition.
- Able to operate cash register to total guests' purchases and accurately balance cash drawer on a daily basis.
- Balance cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift.
- Accurately note spoilage or damage of any/all items carried in stock.
- Assist in stocking store displays as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of the store by folding merchandise, dusting, vacuuming, re-hanging garments, etc.
- Obtain merchandise from stockroom when merchandise is not on floor or is below display par.
- Able to review price sheets for price change/adjustment.
- Able to collect cash, check, charge for each transaction.
- Work with buyers for suggestions on re-orders of merchandise and customer requests.
- Effectively resolve customer complaints to the benefit of the guest, department and resort.
- Demonstrate a calm, organized approach in all situations.
- Foster collaboration both with members of your work team and with colleagues.
- Participate in in-store training or product knowledge seminars.
- Assist in periodic, special and/or perpetual inventory of store.
- Demonstrate a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Maintain positive, friendly and caring attitude with guests, colleagues and hotel personnel.
- Maintain a professional appearance reflective of the hotel image and conduct behavior in a mature and professional manner.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Cache Creek Indian Bingo and Casino Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and second hand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Starting Salary: $13.30 Per Hour
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!