Guest Services Representative - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Guest Services Representative
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Apr 21, 2017
Apr 28, 2017
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Players Club Shift Supervisor, elevates the level of guest service within the Casino by raising the level of awareness for all specials, promotions, assisting guests in the Retail Shop or providing services through the Box Office.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Utilizes good guest and communications skills while dealing with patrons.
Personally greets, by name if possible, guests of the Casino. Verbalizes to guests the Players Club offers, all promotions, and food & beverage specials.
Assists guests whenever necessary, including giving directions, explaining how to use coupons or how to play the slot/video machines, etc.
Responsible for operating the cash register, daily records and the proper handling of cash receipts in the Retail Store.
Demonstrates knowledge of items for sale and pricing and discounts.
Assists guests in an efficient and timely manner.
Operates cash register, credit card machine and POS system and is familiar with policies and procedures of the equipment.
Receives product, restocks product practicing product-rotating procedures.
Responsible for balancing of cash register receipts at end of team member’s shift.
Processes ticket sales in the POS system.
Responsible for balancing Box Office banks at end of shift.
Provides reports on items sold daily.
Makes public announcements regularly pertaining to any special activities or promotions.
Explains to guests how to obtain and/or use their Players Club Cards.
Asks guests to fill out Guest Comment Cards as necessary.
Responsible for enrolling guests for the Players Club.
Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in guest service, special events, promotions and or cash handling preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a guest service oriented environment.
- Knowledge of computer utilization in marketing/business operations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work all hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to walk.
- The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level.
- Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.