Room Service Operator - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Room Service Operator
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
May 21, 2018
Aug 21, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Room Service Operator provides an excellent in-room dining experience to our diverse guests. Exemplify excellent guest service and extensive food and beverage knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote Cache Creek Casino Resort in a positive manner.
- Practice all sequence of service standard tasks as prescribed.
- Answer all phones and take orders from guests.
- Delivers orders to the room and set table for a favorable guest dining experience.
- Opens and serves bottles of wine or champagne according to the specified standards.
- Pick up the tables upon meal completion.
- Communicate effectively with other departments as required.
- Maintains professional demeanor in all guest interactions and provides prompt, friendly, courteous, and cheerful phone service to guests.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of all menu items served in the rooms.
- Recommends or suggests additional food items.
- Must be organized, efficient, and be professional in all guest interactions.
- Accurately records all guest transactions in POS system.
- Track all orders as needed.
- Set up and expedite room service and amenity orders, as well as orders for entertainers in Club 88 and other venues.
- Completes and maintains all side work as assigned by management.
- Maintains the utmost cleanliness of the work area, storage rooms, as well as, all china, glassware, silverware, serviceware, and table linens.
- Assists with initial guest concerns and reports to management immediately.
- Follows all uniform and appearance standards.
- Is knowledgeable and informative of all casino events, promotions, special events, concerts, and production shows.
- Knowledgeable and informative of all Cache Creek outlets, casino services, events, and promotions.
- Attends training seminars and classes
- All other duties assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a minimum of six months related experience and/or training in a customer service position interfacing with guests over the phone or in person; one year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Tribal Gaming License.
- TIPS Alcohol Awareness Program.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and second hand tobacco smoke.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Starting Rate: $12.03 Per Hour
Union Position - Wage Increases At 6 Months & 1 Year Of Employment
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!