Maintenance Worker II - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Maintenance Worker II
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Apr 11, 2019
May 10, 2019
Type of Position:
Will perform in a variety of skilled and semi skilled building repair and maintenance work to entire facility, interior and exterior surfaces, buildings, equipment, furniture, and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Will perform all duties of a Maintenance Worker I and the following
- Will perform and assist other trades when required in maintaining proper operation of the facility
- Provide list of materials for projects and or repairs to the Lead purchase requisition
- Will work independently from work crews when necessary for special assignments
- Will review and verify work requests daily for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance performing the work required and will turn in completed work orders upon completion of tasks assigned that day
- Will monitor dispatch calls on radio for problems needing immediate attention, respond to these calls immediately, and will inform management of any equipment needing further repairs or adjustment
- All repairs will be performed correctly and area cleaned up of all debris before leaving area
- Will follow all regulations pertaining to the handling of hazardous materials in their disposal, and to enter all transactions in appropriate documentation
- Safety- Will observe all safety and security procedures determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Some knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures used in the, carpentry, electrical, landscaping, masonry, painting, plumbing, and welding trades.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum 5 years experience in Maintenance, and or one year as a Maintenance Worker I with Fantasy Springs Resort Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel ; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.