Receiving Clerk - Four Winds Casino Resort
Four Winds Casino Resort
New Buffalo, Michigan 49117
Oct 09, 2017
Dec 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operations in the Receiving Division of the Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Receives shipments on receiving dock, logs pertinent information into computer database, coordinates workflow to ensure timely delivery of supplies to all departments.
• Maintains a thorough, working knowledge of dry goods, paper products, chemical supplies, and food and beverage specifications.
• Inspects food and beverage storage areas routinely (including refrigerators and freezers) in all venues a minimum of twice during shift, noting temperature.
• Ensures that all shipments are received in good, undamaged condition.
• Cooperates with accounts payable employees in the verification of orders received.
• Maintains all files in the Receiving Division of the Finance Department.
• Prepares boxes for shipment and maintains records of all shipments sent out, prepares shipments as needed.
• Conducts the necessary research to effectively resolve receiving disputes.
• Attaches the invoice to purchase order and indicates the quantity received, number of boxes, date received, invoice number, and any other pertinent information.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Develops and implements charts of all food and beverage storage areas, showing placement of food and noting food safety issues.
• Maintains storage areas with respect to sanitation, temperature, and humidity.
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Verifies all food and beverage deliveries upon arrival for correct corporate specification.
• Ensures all products are received and placed immediately under refrigeration or other storage (including freezing and dry storage) as needed.
• Ensures products are stored and dated properly, and rotated using FIFO method.
• Responsible for assisting marketing with promotional giveaway and maintaining accurate inventories at remote warehouse locations.
• Must be able to operate a forklift and drive a box truck.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Must possess effective communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate. Some college accounting courses preferred. Prior warehouse and receiving experience preferred. Chauffeur’s License is mandatory. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Some analytical ability is required in order to summarize data for reports and find solutions to various administrative problems. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to prepare and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds or more.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicant must successfully complete screening for essential job functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Please click on the Apply Now button to be directed to our Company Online Application which must be completed to be considered for this position.
Four Winds Casinos
Hartford | Dowagiac
New Buffalo, Michigan
Four Winds Casinos are owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians and all properties are located in the state of Michigan.
Four Winds New Buffalo is located 75 miles east of Chicago. The 125,000 square foot casino contains over 3,000 slots, 70 table games, retail shops, 6 restaurants, including Hard Rock Café Four Winds, Copper Rock Steakhouse, The Buffet, Timbers and Grab 'N' Go. Guests can enjoy cocktails in the restaurants and the Martini Bar and Sports Bar. The facility also offers a child care facility and arcade (Kids Quest), a hotel with 415 rooms, suites and celebrity suites, as well as a full service events center.
Four Winds Hartford features 560 slot machines and nine table games, including blackjack and roulette. Guests can dine at the Timbers Fast Food Deli, featuring a 74 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds Dowagiac features over 300 slot machines and five table games, including blackjack and Mississippi Stud. Four Winds Dowagiac offers the Timbers Fast Food & Deli, featuring a 30 seat restaurant and an attached 15 seat bar.
Four Winds' philosophy is to create an environment that encourages and rewards team effort and to develop a culture that is goal-oriented, success driven, and consistently fair to employees, guests, and community members. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to give the right people unparalleled opportunities for employment.
Friendliness at Four Winds sets us apart from the rest. Our employees provide a level of service and respect that exceeds anything a Midwest gamer has ever received or imagined. We ask our employees to pay attention to every detail:
• Appreciate the Guest
• Consistently Deliver Quality
• Exceed Expectations
• Strive to Build Loyalty
We listen to our customers, and in turn we listen to and reward our employees. At Four Winds, we maintain our values of: