Food & Beverage Server - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Food & Beverage Server
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Aug 10, 2018
Oct 23, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
A Food & Beverage Server provides an excellent dining experience to our diversified guests. Exemplify excellent guest service and extensive food and beverage knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests.
- Server must be able to describe Chef’s special, featured wines/spirits, promotions, and thoroughly answer menu questions with confidence.
- Deliver food orders to guests dining in a full service restaurant.
- Carry a 27” oval tray in a traditional restaurant style containing hot and cold food items.
- Perform steps of service and maintain restaurant service standards.
- Practice Safety and Sanitation techniques.
- Obtain TIPS certificate and Guest Service Training within 90 days of employment.
- Perform proper table side wine service. Capable of describing, opening, and presenting wine.
- Perform tasks including bussing tables, seating guests, side work, and duties assigned by management.
- Provide excellent service to the guests (i.e. following SOS, thorough menu knowledge, timely check back).
- Communicate basic knowledge about the casino resort.
- Follow RICH and Food & Beverage standards.
- Navigate through POS system and perform transactions such as placing food and beverage orders, typing in modifiers, splitting checks, and providing accurate table numbers and guest count.
- Perform self-banking duties such as tendering Offline Acres, Officer Comps, Business Comps, Food Vouchers, credit cards, cash, and other forms of payments. In addition, reconcile paperwork and perform proper drop with minimal variance.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience and/or Education
- One year experience in a restaurant; High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to guests and employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License
- TIPS Alcohol Awareness Certificate within the 90-day introductory period
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to carry a 27” oval tray in a traditional restaurant style containing hot and cold food items.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to secondhand tobacco smoke.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Starting Salary: $9.35 Per Hour + Tips
Union Position - Wage Increases At 6 Months & 1 Year Of Employment
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gass Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!