Sous Chef - Tioga Downs Casino
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Jul 21, 2017
Sep 19, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Ensure consistency in all Food and Beverage venues.
- Responsible for the training evaluating and coordination of all food production Associates.
- Ensures all specs and food apportionment are met.
- Controls food and labor costs on a continual basis.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions in hiring, terminating, suspending counseling, to the executive chef.
- Knowledge of all State Health Department regulations and ensures all conditions and standards are met.
- Assists in the preparation, portioning and garnishment of all foods.
- Participates and presides over departmental and venue meetings facilitating the flow of pertinent information from management to Associates.
- Provides all Associates with proper training and counseling as needed in accordance with the Company’s Policy and Procedures.
- Works with executive chef in resolving venue conflicts and disputes as needed ensuring high standards of customer service and Associate relations.
- Oversees the completion of all post-meal, opening and closing duties by the kitchen associates daily.
- Make adjustments to kitchen staffing levels based on daily business conditions.
- Oversees Coaster’s, Banquets, Concessions, Mr. G's and Buffet as needed.
- Must have a minimum of two to four years previous experience as a lead line cook in a full-service restaurant or hotel, with progressive supervisory experience.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino, located in Nichols, NY, has a 5/8 mile world class harness racetrack, over 700 Video Gaming Machines, and Simulcast betting from other tracks. A new expanded gaming floor now features 944 slot machines, approximately 45 table games, which includes 12 poker games. Table games will include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Mini Baccarat, Big Six, and Let it Ride Poker.
Tioga Downs Casino offers live entertainment and a wide array of dining options such as Virgil’s Real Barbeque, the County Fair Buffet, Mr. G's Post Time Pizza, the Carousel Bar, and Coasters Sports Bar. A Hotel is currently being built which will entertain all family members during all the seasons.