Regional IT Network Administrator - Tioga Downs Casino
Regional IT Network Administrator
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Jul 14, 2017
Oct 12, 2017
Type of Position:
The Regional Network Administrator plans, coordinates, and oversees all activities related to the design, development and implementation of company network systems and applications.
This includes configuring, maintaining and support of company wide, switches, routers, firewall/VPN and Wireless LAN Controllers in a MS Active Directory environment.
This position analyzes business requirements to identify and implement network configurations that improve business processes and helps define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Design, develop, analyze and documentation of computer systems network hardware to meet user and business needs
- System analysis of network hardware/software environment to determine business specifications
- Program network Operating Systems for tuning, configuration, monitoring, and administration.
- Enforce and monitor security policies and procedures for network applications.
- Develop and maintain: installation, configuration and best practice procedures for computer network services.
- Plan, Manage and document network cabling, racks and terminations for MDF/IDFs.
- Review and analyze existing network effectiveness and efficiency, develop strategies for improving these systems.
- Setup and troubleshoot LAN, WAN, Firewall and Wireless services, companywide.
- Maintain and audit network access controls and devices.
- Ensure networking systems maintain compliancy to PCI Standards.
- Keep current with latest technologies and best practices.
- Work with Systems and Application Administrator to install, troubleshoot and support business needs.
- On Call rotation.
- All other duties assigned.
Indirect supervision of network users.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science in IT Network Administration from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Four to eight years related work experience, preferably in Casino, Hospitality and/or Banking or Entertainment industry, or other high volume, complex, demanding customer oriented IT environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including switches, routers and firewalls in a PCI compliant environment. CCNA or CCNP certification preferred.
Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working with, and supporting enterprise networks and environments, including: Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, WANs, VMware in a MS Active Directory environment. Preferred CCNA or CCNP certified.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as technical journal, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Excellent interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb, or balance, and stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl.The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and must infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The associate is frequently required to risk danger of electrical shock and/or radiation (from computers).The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud.
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino, located in Nichols, NY, has a 5/8 mile world class harness racetrack, over 700 Video Gaming Machines, and Simulcast betting from other tracks. A new expanded gaming floor now features 944 slot machines, approximately 45 table games, which includes 12 poker games. Table games will include Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Mini Baccarat, Big Six, and Let it Ride Poker.
Tioga Downs Casino offers live entertainment and a wide array of dining options such as Virgil’s Real Barbeque, the County Fair Buffet, Mr. G's Post Time Pizza, the Carousel Bar, and Coasters Sports Bar. A Hotel is currently being built which will entertain all family members during all the seasons.