Cage Shift Supervisor (Banking / Casino Accounting) - Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Cage Shift Supervisor (Banking / Casino Accounting)
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70605
Apr 25, 2017
Jul 24, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under the direction of the Cage Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the direct supervision of cashiering functions.
• Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
• Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
• Responsible for the security of the company's assets, which includes verification of cashiering transactions within their respective area.
• Manage cage inventory to include chip bank, main bank, check bank, front window and booth inventories.
• Must verify the Banks and/or Windows on their respective floor at the end of each shift and complete a Daily Shift Report outlining any variances, problems.
• Recruit, select, train, coach, counsel, recognize and retain direct reports who consistently preform action and behaviors that reinforce excellence in business operations and guest service.
• Stay abreast of current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicate pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and employees as appropriate.
• Promote positive public/employee relations at all times.
• Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
• Safeguard the confidential information of all employee, department and company records.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
• Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One (1) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must also have one (1) year of cage, banking and/or cashiering experience, and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have solid decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationships with all individuals.
- Ability to work occasional overtime and irregular hours.
TO APPLY: Please click on the Application Button above and you will be redirected to our Career Page. Select our Lake Charles, LA, location and search for the Job Title.
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles LA, 70605
|Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that contains nearly 740 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites, with another 300-room tower currently in construction. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river.
Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines.
We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment (GNLV's parent company), through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries.
We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.