Bartender - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
May 04, 2017
Jun 02, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Greets, and makes welcome, each guest seated in assigned station. Takes initial drink order within 3 minutes of guest being seated.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding drink menus (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, garnishes and presentation). Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference. Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with restaurant/bar service standards.
- Assists and over see bar backs, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning, re-stocking and garnish preparation.
- Provides personalized service and uses guests? names and preferences.
- Follows correct pour procedures at all times to include using a jigger, checking Identification of guests that appear under age, and does not serve drinks to patrons that appear to be intoxicated.
- Calls for assistance from manager/supervisor on duty when there is a problem guest or issue that needs attention.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED/equivalent.
- Previous bartending experience in a high volume, sophisticated restaurant/bar preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, late nights, early morning, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations).
- Must be able to lift trays with food (35 lbs.) above shoulder level.
- Must be able to pull or push 100 lbs. (Tables and chairs as required to provide appropriate seating arrangements for customers).
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping counters and table tops.
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
- Proficient in making all manner of drinks to include classics, traditional, contemporary, shots, as well as moderate experience/knowledge in wine, ports, cordials, and other spirits and alcoholic beverages.
- Valid food handler's card.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
Division/Department : Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Shift/Hours : Varies
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
How to apply by fax:
Please make sure to list which positions you are applying for:
FAX your resume to (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique, LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.