Beverage Server - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Sep 11, 2018
Oct 10, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Beverage servers are expected to deliver truly great service, and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. Beverage servers should be knowledgeable and familiar with all beverage items, drink preparations, ingredients and be able to make recommendations to guests as well as offer drink suggestions and up sell where possible to maximize sales. Beverage servers must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to casino guests.
- Greets, and makes welcome, each guest seated in assigned station.
- Takes initial beverage order within 9 minutes of guest being seated on the casino floor and within 2 minutes in lounge, night club or pool.
- Maintains current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e., pronunciation, preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and garnish presentation).
- Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preference. Up-sells where practical/applicable.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Delivers prepared drinks to the appropriate guest within three minutes of completed production of order.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards.
- Itemizes, totals, and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play.
- Assists casino staff, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning and clearing.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and bus stations as necessary to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Recognizes Red, Black & Blue players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous beverage experience in a high volume, sophisticated bar/casino preferred but not required
- Read, write, speak and understand English fluently· Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, late nights, early morning, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet physical appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues· Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Glass racks, coffee urns, bins of flatware, supplies to restock service stations)· Must be able to lift trays with food (30 lbs.) above shoulder level· Must be able to pull or push 50 lbs.
- Familiar with common drinks and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages along with preparation, ingredients, garnishes, proper glassware, etc.
- Must be able to carry a cocktail tray with up to 20 lbs in glassware/drink product for lengthy periods of time and distance.· Must be able to make change for cash, credit, and comp transactions.
- Must be familiar with property POS system and be able to properly ring in, bill for, and collect for drinks and other items as ordered by guests.
- May be required to help out in other food & beverage areas as needed/required based on business demands.· Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping counters and table tops
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards
- Valid food workers card.
- Work Environment: Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.