Human Resources Generalist - Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Human Resources Generalist
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Flintstone, Maryland 21530
Mar 31, 2017
Apr 30, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for implementing and ensuring compliance with human resource policy and procedure in accordance with our mission and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Communicates with all levels of management and supervisors regarding property policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a HRIS that meets management’s information needs.
- Assists the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies or other departments in the organization.
- Informs Director Human Resources of any situation that may require further attention
- Advises management of problems and concerns of employees, giving recommendations for resolution
- Processes court-ordered garnishments.
- Participates as a team member within the Human Resource Department in order to ensure an efficiently organized and operated department.
- Assists in answering EEOC charges in an efficient and professional manner.
- Responds to unemployment claims in an efficient and professional manner. Represents the company at unemployment hearings as required.
- Assists with employee counseling notices, investigates any notice, where the employee has requested it and/or where the property’s Policy and Procedures are not followed by management.
- Assists with performance evaluations.
- Maintains current and accurate records in the computer for employees in assigned areas of responsibility, showing attendance and successful completion of all job skills training and other training modules.
- Ensures that payroll receives needed records on a timely basis for payment of differential for Certified Instructor or Certified Job Coach hours, and for attendance of employees at training programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of all applicable state and federal employment laws as well as and local jurisdiction gaming laws and the property’s Policies and Procedures.
- Provides administration of Workers' Compensation, FMLA and benefits administration of medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.
- They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Confidentiality, professionalism and dependability.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent or five years human resources experience and/or training.
- Must have experience with benefits administration, employee relations, reporting.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with an HRIS programs preferred.
- This position requires a Non-gaming License.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must complete our Employment Application.
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
16701 Lakeview Road Northeast
Flintstone MD, 21530
Web Site: https://www.rockygapcasino.com/
The Rocky Gap Casino Resort, which is located near Cumberland, Maryland is in the heart of Allegany County. Rocky Gap Casino Resort is a AAA 4-Diamond Award® winning resort featuring a hotel, four Restaurants, the only Jack Nicklaus signature golf course in Maryland, a spa, indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, pro shop, sundries, complimentary valet parking, individual parking, an event and conference center, several outdoor recreational activities, and a new comedy club.
The Casino features over 600 plus slot machines, 10 table games, and a casino bar. Rocky Gap Casino Resort is owned by Evitt's Resort, LLC, and is a subsidiary of Golden Entertainment, Inc.
Rocky Gap Casino Resort offers a fun and exciting work environment, generous paid time off policy, health, dental and life insurance to eligible employees, paid holidays, a 401K plan and valuable discounts for meals, spa, pro shop, activity rentals and golf.