Director of Gaming Machine Operations - Jena Choctaw Pines Casino
44901 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Director of Gaming Machine Operations
Jena Choctaw Pines Casino
Dry Prong, Louisiana 71423
Apr 28, 2017
Jun 27, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under general supervision of the General Manager, the Director of Gaming Machine Operations accomplishes the Gaming Machine Department objectives by planning, organizing and directing all functions required to ensure gaming operations are executed in a cost effective and profitable manner.
Ensures compliance with established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develops a strategic plan and objectives for the Gaming machine operations.
- Establishes, implements and communicates goals, objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with strategic plan.
- Ensures employees conform to regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures for efficient gaming operations.
- Improves staff effectiveness by coaching, counseling, training and recommending disciplinary action for employees; planning, delegating, monitoring, and appraising job tasks and results in a timely manner.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication among personnel regarding administrative activities.
- Achieves financial objectives by establishing and monitoring budgets, internal controls and accounting systems, and gaming financial reports.
- Recommends gaming machine vendors, negotiates prices and determines game mix to maximize casino revenue.
- Assists in the development of an overall marketing strategy; works cooperatively with the Marketing Department to promote all marketing initiatives; creates and monitors marketing promotions in conjunction with the Marketing department.
- Develops, maintains, and facilitates effective relationships, communications processes and activities with all casino personnel and all other internal and external customers.
- Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of gaming machine activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
- Contributes to departmental effectiveness by: identifying short-term and long-range issues and goals that must be addressed and providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of actions; and implementing directives.
- Implements and participates in staff development and training programs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications and establishing networks.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Five years related gaming experience including three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret operating procedures, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Required to comprehend detailed and lengthy documents, rules and regulations,
- Ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
- Tribal preference.
- Performs other duties as required.
149 Chahta Trails
Dry Prong, La 71423
Jena Choctaw Pines Casino is owned and operated by the Jena Band of Choctaw Indians. Jena Choctaw Pines Casino offers 46,000 sq. ft. of gaming and entertainment options featuring over 700 games, poker tables, a sports bar, as well as entertainment and dining. The Jena Choctaw Pines Casino is located in Grant Parish, Louisiana, 10 minutes North of Alexandria, LA.