Warehouse / Receiving Person - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Warehouse / Receiving Person
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Aug 08, 2017
Aug 22, 2017
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Warehouse/Receiving Lead Person, receives, inspects, stores, merchandise and issues supplies, materials, mail and equipment in accordance with established standards, rules, and regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Receives and processes all incoming products and store supplies.
• Inspects deliveries from vendors for damage, notes damage on delivery receipt prior to accepting and signing for deliver.
• Operates and maintains forklift.
• Operates hand held remote terminals for a sourcing and materials management system.
• Ships packages and freight. Delivers inventory and supplies to locations.
• Receives merchandise into inventory.
• Processes orders from inventory in stock.
• Maintains log of issue tickets and receiving records.
• Monitors inventory to ensure appropriate records of supplies.
• Restocks as merchandise arrives and maintains stock in an orderly manner.
• Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming goods to verify to packing slip.
• Follows up on discrepancies and inconsistencies with purchase orders.
• Protects inventory and property against shrinkage and theft.
• Participates in daily, monthly and annual inventory counts.
• Observes safety rules, and ensures and maintains a safe and orderly environment.
• May provide courier service from vendor to Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise for departments.
• Keeps all warehouse and store areas clean, safe, orderly and functioning properly.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED plus two years experience in warehousing, inventory control, and handling stock and materials.
- Candidate must pass basic computer test with ability to demonstrate ability and knowledge in processing inventory transactions through an automated material management system and hand-held terminals with bar code technology.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of the functions, structure, and policies and procedures of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
• Knowledge of terminology used regarding supplies, materials, tools, and equipment.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of issuance and receipt of inventory.
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of warehouse control.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety procedures.
• Knowledge of transportation methods, agencies, and costs.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with the public and co-workers.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to understand computers, hand-held terminals, and bar code technology.
• Ability to prepare and maintain written records and reports.
• Ability to compare incoming deliveries against purchase orders and specifications.
• Ability to make mathematical computations.
• Ability to handle bulky and heavy stock items.
• Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
• Ability to learn technical procurement procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to sit; and taste or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.