Room Chef - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Sep 21, 2017
Oct 21, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under direct supervision of the Sous Chef, the Room Chef provides supervision and coaching to all Lead Cooks, Cooks, and Kitchen Stewards.
Assists in all menu creation, labor control, food cost control, scheduling, ordering and procurement of food/product and daily operations of all food venues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations of assigned food venue or production areas.
- Responsible for quality, cost, waste, and distribution of all foods to all areas.
- Order/procurement of all food and nonfood items.
- Ensures proper delegation of all assignments, tasks and job to employees.
- Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld and that all work areas are safe, clean, and professionally kept.
- Provides training to staff members, organizes workloads and directs staff.
- Creates schedules according to venue and business needs and anticipation.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies and service ware.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinates for purposes of job performance,
- counseling, and/or disciplinary action and other supervisory responsibilities.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Department to make sure that all directives are clearly defined and delivered to staff in a timely fashion.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED plus 5 years kitchen experience with at least two years of kitchen management or four years of lead cook/saucier/Chef de Partie experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must be able to take an assessment test to determine skill level; verbal, written and practical.
- Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge Culinary methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of operation of food preparation equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of financial reports (General Ledgers, Profit and Loss Statements, Food Cost, etc.).
- Knowledge of menu creation.
- Knowledge of global and local food trends.
- Knowledge in Microsoft word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational skills.
- Knowledge of evaluating staff and writing and communicating clearly defined goals and expectations.
- Knowledge of food ordering and procurement.
- Ability to clearly communicate, read, and write in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced work environment and to perform in a professional appearance manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to supervise/manage assigned staff.
- Ability to be able to successfully handle a multitude of tasks at one time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in a Restaurant and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke, high noise level, heat, fumes and steam.
- Evening , graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.