Cage Equipment Service Technician - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Cage Equipment Service Technician
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Jun 30, 2017
Aug 29, 2017
Type of Position:
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Cage Equipment Service Technician contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
1. *Conduct proper preventative maintenance on all money handling equipment by following service manuals, approved procedures and proper documentation.
2. *Perform minor electrical and mechanical repair to ensure optimal performance of all money handling equipment.
3. *Create process and maintain proper paperwork on inventory and machine status.
4. *Communicate effectively verbally and in written form to management and other team members in the organization.
5. *Utilize proper tools and/or equipment needed to carry out necessary job responsibilities.
6. Ensure an orderly and safe working environment.
7. Promote positive team member relations through prompt, courteous and efficient service.
8. Promote and participate in a strong team effort and assist other team members, as needed.
9. Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
10. Other duties as assigned.
2. One (1) year experience working with electronic games, copy machines or machine repair, preferred.
3. Experience working with Ticket Redemption Units, Currency Counting Equipment, Automatic Teller Machines (ATM’s), preferred.
4. Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possess integrity, confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information.
5. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of team members of the organization.
6. Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment and computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, preferred.
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
8. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
9. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
11. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
12. Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, weekends and holidays.
13. While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The Employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to operate a personal computer. The Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Employee must be able to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds or more with assistance and occasionally move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
14. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- When on the casino floor the noise levels increase and it is not smoke free.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must create your Profile and complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!