Slot Attendant - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Jul 27, 2018
Aug 27, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Slot Attendant is responsible for various service areas of the Slot Operations department.
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for the morale and direction of all front line associates.
- Ensures the quality of systems operations in the slot department by communicating with all levels of systems users and offering direction and assistance, as needed.
- Responsible for minor repairs of slot machines and related gaming equipment
- Pays jackpots, break bills and fills ticket printers
- Answers all guest questions
- Maintain gaming logs and work tickets as required by gaming regulators
- Monitors slot area for guest safety
- Routinely inspects all supported equipment, identifying potential problems and repairing same, if possible.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the Operations Department by attending regularly scheduled meetings.
- Responsible for assisting customers with ATM issues/complaints.
- Responsible for implementing and using the company’s “Be the BEST” culture with all guests and Associates.
- Knowledge of gaming regulations
- All other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Previous work experience in guest service preferred.
Must be able to count money in a fast-pace environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple documents, such as safety rules and regulations, technical procedure manuals, instructions, and basic correspondence, reports and memos. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from system users. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
The Associate is also required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Associate is frequently required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Associate is frequently required to risk danger of electrical shock and/or radiation (from computers). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer