Group Sales Manager - Live! Lofts Hotel - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Group Sales Manager - Live! Lofts Hotel
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
May 04, 2017
Dec 31, 2017
Type of Position:
- Live! Lofts is a newly-acquired hotel property with 250 guestrooms and suites that is about to undergo an extensive renovation, transforming it into a chic, first-class boutique hotel sporting a new look, new style and new brand.
- If you enjoy a fun, fast paced work environment then this would be a great fit.
- The purpose of this role is to plan, solicit, book and coordinate sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals and manage customer relationships to ensure that all revenue and marketing opportunities are realized.
- The incumbent is responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- This position will process business correspondence and create contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
- This position requires excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of hotel operations, food and beverage, and planning.
- This position reports to the Director of Sales.
- Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and company assets.
- The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Maryland Live! Casino.
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. Steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
- This position is responsible for developing and maintaining an account base.
- This person must be skilled in maintaining these accounts through, sales action plans, specific documentation in Delphi and clear and concise correspondence.
- They will also be required to plan the meetings from a convention service position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain an account base, as designated by Director of Sales, to achieve hotel revenue goals through prompt response to all inquiries and correspondence from clients, prospects and lead referrals and follow up on assigned sales leads
- Be responsible for and implement a sales action plan for the development of the designated market segments with or without food and beverage, as well as day meetings which includes telephone/direct mail solicitation, personal call program, related sales trips, trade show participation and entertainment.
- Plan and execute all groups from a conference management stand point including banquet event orders, group resumes and meeting room set ups. Effectively establish the local market.
- Execute sales calls, trade shows and sales trips as designated.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports of sales calls and marketing actions as requested by Director of Sales.
- Assume the responsibilities of Sales and Marketing Department leadership in his/her absence.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting up to 20 lbs
- Pushing/Pull 20 lbs
- Carry up to 20 lbs
- Infrequent Bending / kneeling
- Frequent Walking
- Frequent Standing
- Frequent Sitting
- Climbing steps
- Able to communicate with supervisors, co-workers and guests.
- Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Experience: Minimum of five years outside experience canvassing for sales & sales leads in the hospitality industry.
- Exceptional prospecting and negotiation skills
- Experience/account knowledge of the Arundel Mills, BWI and Baltimore market.
- Direct experience with all or some of the following hotel segments is required: Local Negotiated Rates, Business Transient, Group: Corporate, Government, Association, SMERF, Catering Events
- Knowledge of Delphi is a plus
- Professional written correspondence skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate gaming license as mandated by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Agency.
Our successful candidate will possess:
- Strong sales, negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent cold calling & prospecting skills
- Excellent time management, self-motivation
- Relationship building / networking skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, guest relations and organizational skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- A drive for results
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 (k) with company match
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- No. of employees supervised: No formal supervisory responsibility.
- Travel required: Frequent for outside sales calls.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/