Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Live! Lofts Hotel - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Live! Lofts Hotel
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Sep 14, 2017
Oct 14, 2017
Type of Position:
- Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and company assets.
- The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Maryland Live! Casino.
- CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. Steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
FUNCTION Supervise the operations of the housekeeping staff promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the housekeeping staff in the evening; providing open communications, training, coach and counsel and provide performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency. (20%)
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, SOPs and health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction. (35%)
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation. (15%)
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses. (10%)
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction. (10%)
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction. (3%)
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets. (3%)
- Assists in the inspection of facilities and recommends repairs and upgrades when needed.
- Assist in scheduling the work force to ensure all areas and shifts are adequately covered.
- Cross train entire staff for all shifts related duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Assist in managing department related guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- Pushing/Pull up to 40lbs
- Carry up to 15lbs
- Frequent Bending / kneeling
- Frequent Walking
- Frequent Standing
- Some Sitting
- Climbing steps
- Able to read and interpret instructions and direction for guests
- Able to communicate without impediment with guests and staff in all areas relating to guest service.
- May assist the evening staff in the performance of duties to include: cleaning of lobby, turndown service, trash removal. (3%)
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments. (1%)
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Experience required by position is from one to two years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Requires working knowledge of Housekeeping and the hotel's services, policies and operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Requires supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate information and hotel services to management and guests.
- Travel required: None.
- Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need. Primary evening shift
- Licensing: Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate gaming license as mandated by the Maryland Lottery Gaming & Control agency.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/