IT Audio Visual Engineer - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
IT Audio Visual Engineer
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85756
Jun 15, 2017
Jul 15, 2017
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the IT Support Manager, responsible for coordinating, tracking, designing, set-up, testing, operation and repair of the Casino’s Audio Visual (A/V) equipment and systems.
Delivers the full range of A/V services offered to the Casino’s team members and guests through the exercise of independent judgment and the exercise of discretion.
Troubleshoots technical issues and maintains a working knowledge of various product platforms.
Designs and performs new system installs and upgrades to existing systems and components.
Additional tasks include system maintenance, documentation, AV sales support and requirements requested by guests or directed by management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains existing audio video equipment as required to keep all systems operational.
• Inventories, deploys, retrieves and stores equipment in support of conference events.
• Problem solving and technical assistance duties are accomplished through the routine exercise of discretion and independent judgment within parameters established by IT management.
• Quickly responds to casino A/V systems malfunction/outage, performs necessary corrective actions to remedy problems in minimal time period.
• Coordinates use of A/V equipment in support of internal and external clients.
• Supports and reviews AV capabilities available for guests.
• Sets up, operates, and demonstrates how to use a wide variety of audio video equipment.
• Provides technical advice and support to resolve problems or identify equipment needs.
• Designs new systems and enhancements/upgrades to existing systems.
• Installs new hardware and upgrades software as directed.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment as required.
• Additional related duties as required/assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or GED
- 5 years experience in a commercial audio video support environment.
- Experience with CastNET, Biamp, Crestron and Pharos lighting systems preferred.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of audio video hardware.
• Ability to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on audio video equipment.
• Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of audio video equipment and systems.
• Ability to determine equipment/systems problems and to coordinate solutions.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
• Technical writing skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to walk.
- The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds to perform system installations/relocations.
- Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level.
- Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley offers what no other casino near Phoenix can. From great entrainment to amazing food Desert Diamond West Valley offers a little something for everybody. Winning works up an appetite, it’s good to have variety of classics just for you. Desert Diamond West Valley’s Food Court is serving up great daily specials; whether you’re looking for a quick snack or to satisfy a serious craving, we are serving up quality and value fast to get you back to your latest winning streak.