Chief Operating Officer - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
44215 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Chief Operating Officer
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Palm Springs, California 92262
Apr 15, 2017
Aug 23, 2017
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
Job Description Summary
Directs, administers and coordinates business activities in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by Tribal Council. Obtains optimum efficiency and economy of operations to maximize revenue for the Tribe. Develops strategic short and long-range plans to cover operations, marketing, human resources, financial performance and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Oversees and coordinates activities of all entities, including Casino, Hotel and all Tribal gaming enterprises to affect operational efficiency.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating and marketing reports to determine changes in programs or operations.
- Directs preparation of directives from Tribal Council to business entities outlining policy, program or operations changes to be implemented.
- Oversees the implementation, maintenance, and enforcement of Tribal personnel policies and practices as prescribed by Tribal Council.
- Establishes policies that promote company culture and vision
- Advises Tribal Council on all matters of importance.
- Ensures all Tribal gaming entities achieve objectives and goals.
- Ensures that all contracts and business documents are legally correct.
- Evaluates Tribal gaming financial and investment practices and recommends to Tribal Council those practices which will produce greater efficiency and economy for the Tribe.
- Prepares short-term and long-term business plans for Tribal gaming operations.
- Prepares and manages Tribal gaming operations consolidated budget.
- Provides excellent guest service.
- Must comply with all applicable ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures and all Tribal Regulations.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Required Education and/or Experience
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Minimum of Bachelor degree from accredited college or university
- MBA (preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Senior VP for a hotel and casino.
- Indian Gaming experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience in the area of strategic planning, new business development, acquisition and operation.
- Sound business judgment.
- Exceptional decision making skills.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.