Entertainment Laborer - Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601
Apr 04, 2017
Jul 03, 2017
Type of Position:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, Federal and State laws and regulations, and Golden Nugget and departmental policies and procedures.
- Consistently deliver positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
- Provide consistently friendly and efficient service at all times, anticipating guests needs and requests.
- Assists in the set-up and tear-down of the Grand Event Center for concerts and other entertainment. This includes the set-up and tear down of risers, as well as the placement of chairs.
- Is aware of all functions and activities in the Hotel/Casino during the shift.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, and the event room.
- Handle equipment with care to avoid accidents, breakage’s and damage.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Management.
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to senior management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts and/or internal ethics violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement and enthusiasm, while being able to project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Display strong work ethic and team work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods (two or more hours) for an entire work shift and be able to move throughout the Casino and/or Hotel areas.
- Must be able to reach, bend, twist, turn, grab, grip, sort and stack.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to a casino related environment factors which includes exposure to gaming related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise, high volume guest/employee contact, stress related to servicing guest in a high pressure and fast-paced environment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Lake Charles LA, 70605
|Golden Nugget Lake Charles is a luxury casino-resort that contains nearly 740 well-appointed hotel rooms and suites, with another 300-room tower currently in construction. It sports an eighteen-hole championship golf course, a private beach and marina, and a luxurious pool complex with private cabanas, a waterslide and lazy river.
Patrons enjoy a 2000-seat entertainment showroom, variety of meeting spaces, retail shopping from fine jewelry to resort wear, and a number of Landry’s signature restaurants. The Golden Nugget also includes a world-class casino with more than 70 table games, a poker room, and 1600 of the newest slot machines.
We offer an abundance of premier employment opportunities in hotel, restaurant, finance, marketing, entertainment, casino management and much more. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to your next career opportunity!
Fertitta Entertainment (GNLV's parent company), through its various subsidiaries and affiliate companies is a national, diversified gaming, restaurant, hospitality, entertainment and retail organization. We own and operate the Golden Nugget Hotels and Casinos located in Las Vegas and Laughlin, Nevada, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Biloxi, Mississippi. We are also one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 420 locations in over 35 states and 15 countries.
We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Landry’s Seafood House, Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick’s & Schmick’s and Claim Jumper and Mastros, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which include Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses, which include hotels, such as the San Luis Resort, Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, Texas, aquarium complexes, the Kemah Boardwalk, a 40-acre amusement, entertainment and retail complex in Kemah, Texas and the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier in Galveston, Texas.