Slot Technician - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Sep 19, 2017
Oct 03, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains the electronic components, systems, and peripherals of gaming machines.
- Repairs and modifies components, electric systems and peripherals of the gaming machines.
- Configures gaming machine to meet manufacturers and regulatory agency specifications.
- Removes, moves, installs and/or upgrades gaming machines.
- Maintains an inventory of parts for the gaming machines.
- Monitors and tracks the gaming machine malfunctions, the cause, the repair, and the parts involved
- Tracks and records all test money usage and testing result.
- Complies with internal controls, policies and procedures as they pertain to this position.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Must maintain all TOGE confidential records and information including, proprietary information, gaming machines records both written and electronic, guest information, machine play history, financial information, game settings, etc.
- Must safeguard and inventory gaming machines tickets.
- Must safeguard funds and test tickets used for testing and other diagnostic functions.
- Perform all types of diagnostics and repairs to correct mechanical, electrical and electronic failures to the component level.
- Reads and identifies components within schematics.
- Troubleshoots, installs and operates gaming machines accounting system, gaming machine operation, ticket in/ticket out system and parts system maintenance.
- Respond to repair and troubleshooting requests from slot operations and other departments.
- Ensure gaming machine integrity and settings are correct when prize are won and at other times requested in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Operates hand tools, soldering equipment, electrical test equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Maintain proper documentation of repair logs and out of service logs.
- Perform initial verification of new software upon arrival.
- Perform gaming machine RAM clears/key chip and set-up of options as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure full compliance of gaming laws (federal and tribal) and attendant regulations as well as the organization’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional service to our guests and team members when performing job duties and conduct oneself in a professional and businesslike manner to reflect the casino high standards of excellence.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description.
- Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED plus 2 years experience in troubleshooting electronics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of gaming machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
- Knowledge of gaming machines and the electronic data system hardware.
- Knowledge of configuration of gaming machines.
- Knowledge of electronic and mechanical troubleshooting methods and techniques.
- Skill in guest service.
- Knowledge in electronic systems and electro-mechanical systems.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and to abide by department and casino policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Omni View and Diagnostic Monitor.
- Knowledge of using laptop computer to perform software control of peripherals.
- Knowledge of testing equipment, including oscilloscopes, volt meters, computer monitor analyzer, laptop computer, capacitor & inductor analyzer, etc.
- Knowledge of basic manual hand tools, i.e. hammer, screwdriver, socket sets, wrenches, etc.
- Basic printed circuit board repair, including diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Experience troubleshooting wires using schematics as it relates to gaming machines.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret software manuals, operating procedures, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write basic correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively and deliver information in a one-on-one or small group situation to guests and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to demonstrate basic use of a volt meter.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The team member frequently is required to walk.
- The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level.
- Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.