Heavy Duty Cleaning Specialist - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Heavy Duty Cleaning Specialist
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Jan 14, 2019
Apr 14, 2019
Type of Position:
The Environmental Services Heavy Duty Cleaning Specialist is responsible for cleaning their assigned area. Thorough cleaning of the facility includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping floors, wiping walls, cleaning vents, removing fingerprints and smudges from mirrors and glass, shining surfaces, replenishing work and guest supplies, etc.
Heavy Duty Cleaning Specialists are also knowledgeable and skilled in the use of heavy duty cleaning equipment (floor scrubbers, buffers, extractors, honing machines, etc.) used for proper maintenance of a variety of surfaces and work related environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compliance with all department and property operating policies and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Utilizes equipment such as pan and broom, vacuum, Unger kits, small scrubbers etc.
- Utilizes heavy duty equipment such as large scrubbers, carpet extractors, etc.
- Ensures all equipment is used and maintained in accordance with proper procedures.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines including the use of protective equipment.
- Uses chemicals in a proper, safe, and responsible manner.
- Exhibits a cooperative demeanor when interaction with peers, supervisors and guests.
- Performs duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains proper pars and stock levels.
- Communicates problems, challenges, or unusual matters of significance to supervisor.
- Informs supervision of needed support, supplies, or repairs.
- Supports and complies with courtesy and customer service guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensures all storage areas and carts are clean and organized.
- Communicates effectively with guests, team members and management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience and/or Education
Up to one year related experience or training.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Position holder is expected to distinguish between clean and dirty surfaces.
- Position holder is expected to, at times, carry equipment from place to place.
- Position holder may be expected to carry work equipment thru-out the shift.
- Position holder may be required to lift trash receptacles in order to properly clean and/or empty them.
- Position holder may, at times, be required to drive company vehicles.
- Position holder may, at times, be required to crawl under secured items.
- Position holder will commonly use heavy duty power equipment such as power washers, honing machines, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to remain calm and poised under pressure.
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach.
- Ensures safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail a must.
- Highly motivated, energetic and quality oriented.
- Works closely with other employees.
- May be required to assist other departments within the division.
- Maintain a professional appearance reflective of the hotel image and conduct behavior in a mature and professional manner.
Starting Salary: $13.98 Per Hour
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!