Cook I - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Jan 06, 2021
Apr 04, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Cook I ensures the highest quality food preparation and presentation in the kitchen stations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare all necessary menu items, including soups and sauces, as directed by the Chef-on-Duty.
- Operate large volume cooking equipment such as Grill, Deep Fryers, Griddles, Salamander, Stove Tops, Ovens, Braiser, and Steamer along with new equipment in the future.
- Basic and simple preparation of Mexican, Italian, and American Cuisine.
- Skillful Grill, Sauté, and Broiling techniques.
- Operate machineries such as Power Mixers, Slicer, Emulsifier, Steamer etc. upon completion of training with culinary management: documented with signature sheets.
- Prepare basic hot food, cold food sandwiches, salads and dressings as needed.
- Perform the 6 basic knife cuts:
- Allumette: A basic knife cut measuring ¼ inch × ¼ inch × 2½ inches.
- Large Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ¾ inch × ¾ inch × ¾ inch.
- Medium Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ½ inch × ½ inch × ½ inch.
- Small Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ¼ inch × ¼ inch × ¼ inch.
- Batonnet: A basic knife cut measuring ½ inch × ½ inch × 2½-3 inches.
- Julienne: A basic knife cut measuring 1/8 inch × 1/8 inch × 2½ inches.
- Demonstrate proficient knife skills by completing the following tasks within the allotted time:
- Dice a 30 pound case of yellow onions in 30 minutes or less.
- Slice a 20 pound case of squash in 18 minutes or less.
- Follow recipes and set up documentation.
- Correct preparation and handling of meat, fish, starches etc.
- Understand and display proper handling of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and dairy products in accordance with HACCP standards. (organize a speed rack in proper order)
- Check the quality and temperature of food, ensuring product consistency with health standards followed by using Time and Temperature Logs.
- Rotate food in coolers, dry storage and utilize mise en place to ensure freshness and reduce waste and spoilage. (FIFO, First In First Out)
- Prepare food to the highest standards of culinary quality.
- Clean, sanitize, and restock workstations, storeroom and walk in refrigerators.
- Set up mise en place for all stations.
- Help others as needed - various banquet productions and/or other outlets - thus contributing to an environment where teamwork prevails.
- Keep work areas and refrigerators clean, sanitized and organized at all times.
- Report all faulty equipment or unsafe conditions immediately.
- Maintain professional grooming and appearance and act as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Willing to learn additional skills from mentor.
- Comply with all Cache Creek Casino Resort safety, health and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Chef on Duty.
- Assist with special events when needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience cooking in a commercial kitchen,
- Basic knife and equipment skills, basic knowledge of hot & cold food.
- Must be able to work and know the standards of quality and production in the kitchen.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Cache Creek Casino Tribal Gaming License.
- Sanitation Certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and second hand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Starting Salary: $14.57 Per Hour
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401k Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65
Brooks, CA 95606
Web site: https://www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides. We are undergoing an expansion which will add over 400 hotel rooms for a total of over 600 rooms.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center. The expansion will also add a Sushi restaurant.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!