Cook II - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Oct 12, 2018
Jan 12, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Cook II ensures the highest quality of preparation and presentation in all Cache Creek outlets as well as banquets and parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote Cache Creek Casino Resort in a positive manner.
- Assign tasks to Employees with approval of Sous Chef or Lead Cook.
- Prepare cold food sandwiches, salads and dressings.
- Basic vegetable prep, slicing, dicing, and proper handling.
- Preparation and handling of meat, fish, starches etc.
- Basic hot food preparation.
- Work basic frying, grilling, baking, roasting and poaching techniques.
- Saucier, butter sauces and all other sauces.
- Employee dining room cooking, salad bar setup.
- Basic garde manager.
- Basic knife and equipment skills.
- Keep recipe cards and setup documentation.
- Follow recipe cards exactly.
- Setup mise en place for the station.
- Setup buffet stations and perform carving, stir fry or other designated function at that station.
- Check the preparation of food, insuring the highest standards of culinary quality.
- Maintain schedules of soups and buffet menus.
- Time the cooking of foods to insure the buffet will open on time.
- Check the quality and temperature of food, insuring consistency and standards are met.
- Help other cooks as needed. Contributing to the work environment of teamwork.
- Assist with banquets and special parties.
- Be cost conscious.
- Rotate food in coolers, dry storage and personal mise en place to insure freshness and reduce waste and spoilage.
- Keep work areas and refrigerators clean and orderly at all times.
- Clean, care for and store all equipment. Clean cooking surfaces.
- Report all faulty equipment and unsafe conditions.
- Discuss daily events and production schedule with Sous Chef.
- Make suggestions to improve the quality of food production and presentation.
- Communicate effectively with both fronts of the house and back of the house staff.
- Comply with all Cache Creek Casino Resort policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years minimum apprenticeship program or 1 year of Culinary School.
- 2 years kitchen service including 1 year in equivalent position at a high quality restaurant, resort or hotel, or combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Tribal Gaming License. Sanitation Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and second hand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Starting Salary: $15.26 Per Hour
Union Position - Wage Increases At 6 Months & 1 Year Of Employment
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!