Bartender - Virgil's Restaurant - Tioga Downs Casino
Bartender - Virgil's Restaurant
Tioga Downs Casino
Nichols, New York 13812
Oct 17, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
Food and Beverage
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for mixing and serving alcoholic beverage and/or non-alcoholic beverages to guests according to established recipes and procedures.
- Responsible for mixing and serving beverages in a service station capacity to Beverage/Food Servers in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Accurately account for all revenue related to the sale or service of beverage products.
- Responsible for receiving, issuing and keeping necessary records of liquor and supplies.
- Maintains a neat and clean bar station on a continual basis.
- Knowledge of the Dram Shop Act and Bartender’s responsibilities and rights under it.
- Knowledge of all NYS Lottery, gaming and beverage regulations.
- Participates as a team member with all Beverage Servers, Barbacks, Utilities, Supervisors and any other associates to ensure efficient operational standard.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Minimum of two to three years previous experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud.
Tioga Downs Casino
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 44 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
A 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, is scheduled to open in November 2017.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer