Regional Systems IT Administrator - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Regional Systems IT Administrator
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Aug 31, 2018
Oct 01, 2018
Type of Position:
The Regional Systems IT Administrator provides technical support for both hardware and software issues in an active directory environment. This position manages the configuration and operation of client-based server operating systems, and must have extensive experience with VMware. Creates and verifies backups, restores and replication solutions. Monitors the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concern.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering of System Admin related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems that support A.R.E. infrastructure applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and development of IT server/network/AV infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Setup and maintain Group Policy Objects for automating and deployment of standards.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems on AV System, Extron tuners, Audio and Visual cabling systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Indirectly supervises all systems users on the property.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science from a four-year college or university preferred or four to eight years related work experience with three to five years related work experience in Casino, Hospitality and/or Banking or Entertainment industry or other high volume, complex, demanding customer oriented IT environment.
Minimum of two (2) years experience working with, and supporting server and network operating systems, preferably in a gaming environment. Must possess effective communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as technical journal, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using while numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb, or balance, and stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and must infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate is frequently required to risk danger of electrical shock and/or radiation (from computers). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud. The Regional Systems Administrator of IT is responsible for the strict adherence to the IT department compliance policies, internal control procedures, New York Commercial Gaming control specifications and the Casino’s policies and procedures.
WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO TRAVEL:
The position may travel between sites in the region.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer