Food & Beverage Supervisor - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Jan 16, 2019
Feb 16, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible for the supervision of all Beverage Service and Quick Service staff ensuring operational standards and guest services are in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures, Food and Beverage standards and Gaming regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Responsible for the supervision of front of house staff in all Food & Beverage outlets such as Coasters Sports Bar, Cabana Bar, Tioga Golf Club. Outlet supervisor will be used in any capacity on property.
- Ensure smooth and efficient service throughout all assigned venues in the property.
- Conducts shift meetings with staff assigning stations and facilitating the flow of information throughout the department.
- Handles all associate relation issues as needed.
- Supervises and reports to management all associate call ins and scheduling conflicts to ensure a cost effective staffing level.
- Promote outstanding guest relations throughout the property resolving any guest dispute promptly and in a courteous manner. Constantly monitoring operations during peak hours by talking with customers and working alongside staff.
- Knowledge of all State alcohol and NYS Lottery Regulations and ensures adherence.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, transferring, suspending, promoting, discharging, evaluating, assigning and discipline of all front line associates.
- All other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all service associates on assigned shift.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required
Associates Degree preferred. Two or more years experience in restaurant service with supervisory experience preferred.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor, the noise level increases to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer