Compliance Inspector - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Apr 16, 2019
May 15, 2019
Type of Position:
Protect the integrity of gaming activity by preventing improper or unlawful conduct in the course of gaming activity. Assure that procedures are carried out in compliance with the National Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Control Standards, Tribal State Gaming Compact, and the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians Gaming Ordinances. Test and certify that slot machines are in compliance with regulatory standards. This position requires maintenance of strict confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Remain highly visible in the casino and during gaming functions- open and close of tables, drop, count and reconciliation.
- Conduct investigations and prepare written reports.
- Monitor on-the-job performance of employees in the various gaming operations.
- Verify jackpots over a specified amount.
- Maintain integrity of all EPROMS according to MICS while software is stored in office.
- Store EPROMS for destruction and carry out destruction of paper tickets, CDS and EPROMS at regular intervals according to regulations.
- Test and verify authenticity of electronic gaming computer control chips.
- Monitor and track the delivery, installation, relocation, removal, storage, etc. of gaming devices to assure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate records; inspect equipment and supplies to verify integrity and compliance with technical standards.
- Maintain security control of electronic gaming devices.
- Assist in the reporting and documentation of internal audits and assign tasks during quarterly audits.
- Evaluate facts in evidence, and arrive at valid conclusions in accordance with Minimum Internal Control Standards, Tribal State Gaming Compact, and the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians Gaming Ordinances.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Develop work processes as needed to ensure efficiency and quality.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on conflict resolution; Maintain confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Casino experience or Tribal Regulatory experience preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and may sometimes be loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.