Senior IT Engineer - Network-Hybrid - Cache Creek Casino Resort
Senior IT Engineer - Network-Hybrid
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Sep 20, 2022
Jan 05, 2023
Type of Position:
The Senior IT Engineer - Network is the technical leader responsible for design, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of the Cache Creek Casino Resort network, including the voice/data/video and gaming networks. This position requires specialist knowledge of multi-vendor network hardware and peripheral solutions. Foundational knowledge and skills include telecommunications and transmission technologies, including network architecture, topologies, programming applications, and administration interfaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the top tier expert on network problems and emergencies and assists in troubleshooting and resolving communication and application problems.
- Plans, designs and engineers hardware and software-based network systems in accordance with Cache Creek Casino Resort standards.
- Installs, configures, monitors, and troubleshoots on-site and cloud-based converged data/voice/video/gaming network systems, structured cabling solutions, network based applications and business services.
- Monitors and maintains IT equipment and adequate environmental conditions in telecommunication spaces.
- Creates meaningful documentation on network topology, application dependencies, systems design, and standard operating procedures.
- Acts as internal consultant with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions. Communicates technical information to team members and company-wide staff.
- Ensures stable and reliable connectivity of access, distribution, and core network devices or other relevant and current topologies.
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of network systems in conjunction with necessary security programs and policies.
- Implements new installation and movement of network access locations throughout the casino venues. This includes coordination of network systems, structured cabling solution installation and Wide Area Network (WAN) circuits.
- Defines and operationalizes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and run books.
- Trains and mentors IT Help Desk Technicians on how to resolve common level 0/1 application issues.
- Trains and mentors peer and junior level IT Engineers – Application on network components of assigned business applications
- Follows organizational change management processes and ensures all configuration changes are properly approved & documented
- Monitors and reports on assigned application performance metrics
- Interfaces, collaborates, and fosters strong relationships with business stakeholders
- Interfaces with internal and external auditors
- Ensures all audit findings are remediated within agreed upon timelines
- Manages vendor relationships for assigned business applications
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Five years related experience and/or training; Bachelor’s degree (B.A.); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, mathematical or schedule form.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License
CCNP Certificate or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed outdoor weather conditions and secondhand tobacco smoke. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places; near moving mechanical parts and electricity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65
Brooks, CA 95606
Web site: https://www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides. We are undergoing an expansion which will add over 400 hotel rooms for a total of over 600 rooms.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center. The expansion will also add a Sushi restaurant.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!