Environmental Services Assistant Manager - Desert Diamond Casinos
Environmental Services Assistant Manager
Desert Diamond Casinos
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Aug 11, 2022
Jan 05, 2023
Type of Position:
Under general supervision of the Environmental Services Manager, ensures the overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities. Manages all Environmental Services functions through supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisors. Responsible for ensuring that department staffing levels are at optimum operating level and that all Environmental Services personnel are properly trained in safety procedures and proper use of equipment used in the workplace. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Hires, manages, directs and supervises the Environmental Services staff and directs activities in their individual and department to overall cleanliness of the gaming facilities.
• Ensures all inventory is adequately stocked and ordered in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all equipment is working and maintained for safe operational use.
• Responsible for ensuring overall environmental services related maintenance is scheduled and performed.
• Maintains all environmental services equipment and ensures that they are in good operating order.
• Responsible for overseeing the repair, maintenance, and cleanliness of all facilities.
• Supervises the Environmental Services Supervisors on daily duties.
• Ensures environmental services supplies are ordered on a weekly basis.
• Ensures proper and complete staffing coverage of the seven-day, twenty-four hour casino operation.
• Plans, coordinates and directs daily job tasks or assignments.
• Conducts performance appraisals and disciplinary actions as needed.
• Trains staff and assigns daily tasks to subordinates.
• Conducts health and safety programs to prevent injuries and accidents.
• Ensures all safety rules and procedures are being followed. Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets and be familiar with OSHA.
• Performs any position in department as needed.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED; associates or bachelor degree preferred; five years year experience overseeing environmental services operations; three years in a supervisory capacity; Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Knowledgeable of environmental services chemical use and safety measures.
• Knowledgeable of environmental services equipment use and safety measures.
• Knowledge of cleaning procedures and chemical use.
• Knowledgeable of department policies and procedures and posses the ability to enforce.
• Knowledge and ability to supervise and manage up to 120 people.
• Knowledge of ordering, price comparison, and maintaining of custodial supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards, safe working practices, and safety precautions in accordance with applicable state, county, or federal laws and regulations regarding workplace safety.
• Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
• Ability to work with and assists the Facilities Manager by overseeing the repair, maintenance, and smooth daily operation of all facilities.
• Ability to ensure well-maintained facilities.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism at all times when interacting with internal and external guests.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
• Ability to be able to work weekends, holidays and rotate shifts.
• Ability to maintain outstanding, exemplary attendance.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
• Ability to interact with personnel of all levels, vendors and contractors.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and practice the chain of command.
• Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
• Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
• Skill in managing budgets.
• Skill in managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
• Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
• Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, push and pull. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos
The Desert Diamond Casinos offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
Our gaming properties include:
Desert Diamond Casino Sahuarita which features 185,000 square foot of gaming space with 563 slot machines and eight live blackjack, roulette and mini-baccarat table games, as well as a Sportsbook. There are two dining venues - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges on the casino floor. The property provides high-tech banquet & catering, conference and business meeting rooms and the Diamond Center can cater up to 2,400 guests.
Desert Diamond Casino Tucson which is located a convenient distance from both the Tucson International Airport and downtown.The casino offers a poker room, slots, table games including live blackjack and roulette, high-stakes bingo, and a Sportsbook. Food & beverage venues include the Diamond Café, the Diamond Grill, the Ko:Sin Ki: Buffet and the Coffee Bar, as well as two lounges on the gaming floor. The Hotel & Conference Center features state-of the- art meeting spaces, luxurious rooms with complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, and a fitness center with a gym.
Desert Diamond Casino West Valley which has nearby shopping, dining, and nightlife and is the official casino partner of Westgate Entertainment District. The casino offers a variety of table games which include live Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini-Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em, Three Card Poker, Spanish 21. The Sportsbook provides a venue to wager on sports events.Food & Beverage venues include the Nineteen 86 Steakhouse, the Edge, the Rock Bar, a Food Court and the casino Sports Bar.
Desert Diamond Casino Why which is the smallest of our four gaming properties, which features a convenience store, gas station, and slot machines. It's a favorite stop for travelers going to and from Rocky Point, Mexico.
You can get a job anywhere, but we offer you a career!
Desert Diamond Casinos has been employing the best of the best since 1985. We offer an incredible work environment. Our benefits package is unparalleled. We offer a variety of insurance options, including medical, dental, vision, home, automobile, pet and legal insurances. In addition, we offer 401K, relocation, paid time off, an employee assistance program, competitive compensation, tuition assistance and more.
We are excited to have you learn more about each of our locations and choose the one that is just the right fit for you!