Banquet Server - On Call - Sandia Resort & Casino
Banquet Server - On Call
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Jul 14, 2021
Oct 13, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves at Food and Beverage Functions in accordance with Banquet Event Orders, Banquet Service policies, Banquet Management instruction.
- Provides every guest with friendly, professional, courteous and timely service. Responsible for greeting guests at assigned tables and providing “Far from Ordinary” service throughout the event. Servers will invite guests back at the end of the event to assist in building property loyalty.
- Responsible for assisting in setting banquet room with proper linen, silverware and glassware for each event as instructed by the Convention Center Manager or Banquet Captain. Responsible for ensuring that all items placed out for guests including the linen, silverware, and glassware are in clean and safe condition.
- Stocks service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Bus (remove, replace and clear) during and after service, as well as assist in the clearing of banquet rooms at end of service and the reset or refreshing of the room for the next event, as necessary.
- Participation in daily stand up meetings to ensure property communication is understood.
- Timely completion of computer assisted training as required.
- Returns all equipment to their proper storage area and maintains cleanliness and organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of proper table settings.
- Ability to be attentive to customer needs.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to lift and balance heavy trays with food above the shoulder.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- One (1) year server experience in restaurants, clubs or hotels.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
In 2021, Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, expanded its high limit gaming area; added a new Governor's Room, and a state-of-the-art sports bar with Class II gaming and a full menu. It features numerous big-screen TVs and an outside wrap-around deck with views of the Sandia Mountains and the city. The newly constructed entertainment space is about 50,000 square feet.
Sandia also added the Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge and renovated the hotel.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!