Manager - Purchasing - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Manager - Purchasing
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95692
Jul 14, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing all activities pertaining to the purchasing of goods and services for all operations of the property.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Analyzes markets and vendor conditions for quality, availability and price of materials.
- In accordance with company policies and internal controls, develops and implements purchasing procedures and manages the workflow of the department.
- Lead the Purchasing Team in vendor negotiations which includes strategy, communication and achieving positive results.
- Monitors requisition activity to ensure that all requests are handled and processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring Inventory Purchasing System (I/P) is maintained which includes the continual review of data and maintenance of same.
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate inventory and product is available to meet the company’s needs.
- Evaluate and monitor the supplier community entailing meetings, conferences and product review.
- Responsible for interacting with internal customer which includes property visits on a scheduled basis.
- Records and facilitates RFP’s according priority and schedule.
- Manage workflow for buyers and purchasing clerks.
- Prepares instruction/procedure manuals as required to assist department with all new systems and policies.
- Develops, updates, maintains and enforces purchasing policies and procedures.
- Coordinates procedures with all departments.
- Reviews bids and quotations obtained by purchasing staff and makes selections and recommendations.
- Prepares detailed reports regarding all aspects of the procurement process as required.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Assists in the preparation of the department budget.
- Provides detailed analysis and implementation for all special projects as required.
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within the area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Five (5) or more years of purchasing supervisory / management experience in gaming/hospitality environment required.
- Three (3) or more years of food & beverage buying experience for a Four-Diamond or greater Hotel/Casino property required.
- Extensive knowledge in Stratton Warren Inventory Purchasing System is required.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office and materials management systems.
- Excellent communication skills to set clear expectations with direct reports.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, excellent work ethic.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Provide training and development to direct reports.
- Have a positive team player attitude, be energetic and driven.
- Interact with team members and vendors in a professional manner.
- Promote teamwork and a constructive work environment.
- Solve problems and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.