Bartender - Hard Rock Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Bartender - Hard Rock Cafe
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
Wheatland, California 95692
Jun 15, 2021
Nov 19, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The incumbent is also responsible for providing superior beverage service to Hard Rock Sacramento at Fire Mountain guests and cocktail servers while providing excellent guest relations.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with guests and team members, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult guests and coworkers.
- Maintains company funds and equipment in an orderly manner.
- Pours drinks according to established recipes; maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Ensures compliance with underage serving policies.
- Demonstrates specific product offerings and ordering procedures.
- Monitors proper par levels of all supplies at assigned bars.
- Communicates any problems or situations detrimental to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain to immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for the security and accuracy of assigned bank and is accountable for any and all overages and shortages.
- Opens/closes bar according to established procedures.
- Provides work direction for bar attendants assigned to bar.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Assists with other duties at special events or parties and assisting where necessary to include but not limited to carving, cooking, setup and or teardown stations or work areas or other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of an accredited bartending course, or two years outside experience in high volume cocktail service preferably in a hotel/casino environment.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- How to mix a wide variety of drinks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The operation of all bar equipment.
- Machines and equipment used, but not limited to, include cash register, EDI liquor dispensing equipment, beverage dispensing equipment, blenders, dishwashers, and coffee making machines.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with customers and all levels of employees.
- Observe and direct actions of bar attendants and to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
- Review and comprehend drink recipes and other necessary documentation.
- Pour cocktails and use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, cash register and bar equipment.
- Effectively and efficiently move around bar area.
- Retrieve supplies and maintain a clean working area.
- Open and close bar obtain all supplies necessary for mixing cocktails, and clean and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise and crowds, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Direct cocktail servers.
- Obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain
3317 Forty Mile Road
Wheatland, CA 95961
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain located in beautiful Wheatland, CA, features the latest in live music and entertainment, hospitality, world-class gaming and exceptional cuisine.
The property is Hard Rock's first Vegas-style casino in California and offers a hotel with 169 guest rooms,which includes 31 suites, a large gaming facility with more than 1,500 slots and 57 table games, including a room filled with Aristocrat’s Lightning Link games and an exclusive Asian gaming room. Dining options include Council Oak Steaks, Fresh Harvest, Hard Rock Cafe, Sòng, Youyu Noodle Bar, and Constant Grind.
The property includes signature brand amenities like the Sound of Your Stay® in-room music program, a Rock Shop® and a Body Rock® fitness center. Additionally, the project marks a historic partnership between two Native American Tribes – The Seminole Tribe of Florida, owners of Hard Rock International, and Enterprise Rancheria.
Owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain property, the Estom Yumeka Maidu Tribe of the Enterprise Rancheria is a sovereign Native American Nation offering diverse tribal government services and programs that improve the quality of life for its some 1,000 tribal citizens and surrounding communities in Northern California.