Fitness Center Attendant - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fitness Center Attendant
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Apr 27, 2021
Jan 08, 2022
Type of Position:
The Fitness Attendant serves from the juice bar as well as assists guests throughout the fitness center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fitness Attendant is responsible for the following job functions.
- Monitors and assures that the use of the fitness center is by hotel guests only.
- Maintains clean towels and distributes as requested.
- Cleans Nautilus equipment.
- Ability to assist guest with use of equipment.
- Make specialty health drinks as trained.
- Complete sales of menu items at the Juice Bar.
- Other duties as assigned
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
To perform this job successfully, the Fitness Attendant must be able to perform each individual job duty satisfactorily. The following competencies are required.
- Customer Service Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is an organization in the hospitality industry. As such, the ability to conduct business in a positive and friendly manner both with guests and staff and within negative situations is a requirement of the position.
- Education High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication The Fitness Attendant must be competent in oral and written communication and reading comprehension using the English language; bi-lingual ability in Spanish is a plus.
- Task management Must be able to handle multiple tasks of varying priority and deadlines simultaneously.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computer Skills Knowledge of MICROS is a plus
Employee may be required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fitness Equipment Must have worked with and have knowledge of fitness equipment.
- Ethics The Fitness Attendant must honor all applicable laws regarding discrimination prohibitions, such as but not limited to discriminations based on race, gender, sexual preference, age, nationality and creed.
- Organizational Support Follows policies and procedures of the organization. Performs job functions in a manner consistent with organizations goals and values.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction. May be required to work overtime as needed. Arrives at work and appointments consistently and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.