Count Staff - San Manuel Casino
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Feb 03, 2021
Aug 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Under general supervision of the Count Staff Supervisor, the Count Staff opens and sorts the contents of the table games and gaming machine drop boxes, which consists of counting currency and chips removed from the drop boxes and recording and accounting for the currency and chips. In addition, the Count Staff member accurately follows all policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with the Gaming Commission’s Tribal Gaming Minimum Internal Controls (TICS) and the Gaming Commission Regulations (GCR), by studying the standards, adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for accurately preparing and processing of high volume gaming machine currency and tickets, Table Games Chips and currency, and Ticket Redemption Unit currency and tickets.
2. Safeguards enterprise assets and prepares all necessary paperwork to support and reconcile all money and vouchers collected and counted. Inputs soft count and other financial data into assigned computer system; maintains all automated records; assures accuracy of input data.
3. Maintains records and logs related to soft count drops, money totals, discrepancies, daily activities and assigned duties. Operates a currency counter, computer and assigned software. Complies with operational procedures, processes and all regulations. Signs all necessary forms of documentation for counts completed for submission to Casino Accounting, Table Games and Cage Operations departments.
4. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience and/or training with high volumes of cash preferred.
- Requires eye and hand coordination and manual dexterity; requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols; requires the use of a computer, coin counter, calculator, copier and telephone.
- Must maintain high confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of the Gaming Industry and the legal regulations governing gaming preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!