Food Server - Food & Beverage - San Manuel Casino
Food Server - Food & Beverage
San Manuel Casino
Highland, California 92346
Jul 09, 2021
Aug 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Food Server is responsible for providing pleasant and efficient food and beverage service to guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serves and assists diners in serving their food orders. Carries plates of food for handicap customers. Takes and delivers beverage orders as guests are seated; provides refills as necessary.
2. Removes empty plates as guests re-visit the lines. Replenishes tableware as necessary.
Cleans and resets tables after guests leave, cleaning the table tops, chair seats, and ensuring the floor area surrounding the table is free of debris. Keeps stations fully stocked with silverware, condiments, coffee, drinks, cups, etc. Keeps trays clean and ready for use at all times. Washes and dries all serving trays on a daily basis. Restocks ice bins before opening and during operations. Maintains cleanliness, organization and preparedness of immediate workspace and adjacent areas. Maintains personal appearance. Reports to work in a clean uniform.
3. Assists with special projects as directed by the supervisor including, monthly meetings, special banquets, concerts, and special guests. Notifies immediate supervisor of any problems or concerns.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have good basic mathematical, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must present a neat, clean, and well groomed appearance in accordance with departmental policy.
- Must be reliable, pleasant and possess a good attitude.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills. Must be able to maintain service standards in sometimes-difficult situations.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s within 90 days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
San Manuel Casino
777 San Manuel Boulevard
Highland, CA 92346
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
It will open the first phase of its $550 million expansion on July 24 including a new high limit room, restaurant and expanded gaming space. A 17-story hotel will open later this year and an events center early next year. The gaming floor will be expanded to more than 6,500 slot machines from 5,000 and 40 more table games will be added, bringing the total number of tables to 135.
Food & beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!