Banquet Cook - (PT) - Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Banquet Cook - (PT)
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901
Jul 09, 2021
Aug 28, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas' Employer of Choice.
The Banquet Cook is responsible for prepping, cooking, placing stock in proper storage areas, rotating stock, cleaning and maintaining work areas and kitchens, and overall production for all Food & Beverage venues. Always presents a friendly and professional image at the Hotel/Casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Provides impeccable guest service to all guests
- Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, and styles, according to the established recipe, menu and demand of the business.
- Uses proper knife skills, cooking techniques, cooking methods and terminology.
- Reads, understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
- Communicates with all Chefs.
- Maintains and communicates food/product needs to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
- Maintains a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all company, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Makes sure that all areas of their assigned venue/event are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Ensures that all venues/event are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
- Ensures that all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, and dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
- Ensures that all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- May be assigned to various venues throughout the property depending on business needs.
- Adheres to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Follows established procedures and policies of the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- One or more years commercial cooking experience required.
- One or more years guest service experience required.
- High Volume commercial cooking experience preferred.
- Must be able to handle several projects and tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all Food & Beverage team members.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Racing License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to stand, climb, push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke. The employee will be subjected to high heat, steam and moisture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
It is Oaklawn's intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To apply, click on the Apply Now button and also complete our online Employment Application.
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming
2705 Central Avenue
PO Box 699
Hot Springs, AR 71902
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming, incorporated in 1904 as Oaklawn Park. As one of the leading racetracks in America, Oaklawn hosts a nationally-popular thoroughbred racing season, which showcases the finest horses in America.
Many champions have raced over the one-mile Hot Springs oval, many like Sunny's Halo, Lil E. Tee, Smarty Jones, Afleet Alex, Curlin and others, chasing the elusive Triple Crown. Triple Crown winner, American Pharoah, also had his start at Oaklawn by winning the Arkansas Derby in 2015.
Oaklawn entered the Gaming business in 2000 with the introduction of Instant Racing System, an electronic gaming system based largely on the outcome of over 50,000 previously-run races in its library.
The track has subsequently moved its gaming operations into a recently constructed 53,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion, taking it from 516 positions now in operations to 1,000. Oaklawn Gaming has hundreds of new games, live Blackjack, live PokerRoom, Video Poker, Roulette, Craps, a High Limit Area, and the New Silks Bar and Grill and Pop's Lounge.